I wrote the story of how ZeroCater got started here.
In 2016 some friends and I started The Archive - a communal living house with ten residents.
In 2017 I invested in Longevity Fund, which invests in early stage biotech companies working on increasing human healthspan.
- Science & Engineering
- Ending Aging
- Rationality & how to make better decisions
- Effective Altruism
- Existential Risk Reduction
- Communal Living
- Collecting interesting people
Funny Stuff That's Happened to Me
- I took a photo that may now be one of the most reproduced images in history.
- I once came up with an idea with a friend that became a national TV ad featuring Nicki Minaj, Serena Williams, Usher, Kylie and Kendall Jenner.
- I once crashed a fashion show, pretended to be a model, and walked on-stage as dozens of photographers snapped pictures of me.
- I was paid in whiskey for a live harmonica performance at a jazz bar in Tokyo. I don't play harmonica particularly well.
- I DJ’d for Chamillionaire. I don’t know how to DJ.
- I was yelled at for five minutes by the founder of Skye Vodka for taking his favorite table at a restaurant.
- I've discovered and excavated dinosaur bones in the Montana badlands.
- I was (very incidentally) mentioned in a New Yorker article on Silicon Valley's Quest to Live Forever.
Favorite essays and videos
- The Fable of the Dragon-Tyrant - Nick Bostrom
- Astronomical Waste - Nick Bostrom
- Remedial Worldly Wisdom - Charlie Munger
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
- Elon Musk on what it takes
- Ira Glass on how long it takes to get good
- Ben Horowitz on The Struggle
- What You’ll Wish You’d Known - Paul Graham
- Cargo Cult Science - Richard Feynman
- A Thinking Ape’s Critique of Trans-Simianism
The Most Important Graph in the World