I wrote the story of how ZeroCater got started here. In August 2015 we announced surpassing $100m total sales. I also gave a talk at HustleCon about how things go very wrong for most startups and the importance of not getting discouraged.
Drop me a line @arram if you create interesting things.
Amusing Personal Highlights
- I took a photo that may now be one of the most reproduced images in history.
- I once came up with an idea with a friend that became a Super Bowl ad with Dr. Dre.
- I once crashed a fashion show, pretended to be a model, and walked on-stage as dozens of photographers snapped pictures of me.
- I was paid in whiskey for a live harmonica performance at a jazz bar in Tokyo. I don't play harmonica particularly well.
- I DJ’d for Chamillionaire. I don’t know how to DJ.
- I was yelled at for five minutes by the founder of Skye Vodka for taking his favorite table at a restaurant.
- I've discovered and excavated dinosaur bones in the Montana badlands.
- The Fable of the Dragon-Tyrant - Nick Bostrom
- Astronomical Waste - Nick Bostrom
- Remedial Worldly Wisdom - Charlie Munger
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
- Elon Musk on what it takes
- Ben Horowitz on The Struggle
- What You’ll Wish You’d Known - Paul Graham
- Cargo Cult Science - Richard Feynman
- A Thinking Ape’s Critique of Trans-Simianism
The Most Important Graph in the World